Bringing festive joy to the local community
Our talented musicians and choir, superbly led by Miss Thompson, are getting the local community in the festive mood with a number of events.
Our talented musicians and choir, superbly led by Miss Thompson, are bringing festive joy to the local community with a number of events leading up to Christmas.
The choir recently performed a range of festive tunes, including Silver Bells and Christmas Lullaby, for the residents and staff at Upton Dene Residential and Nursing Home in Caldecott Close, Upton, during Upton Dene's ‘decking the halls’ party, complete with festive treats, and a Christmas tree light switch on.
Resident Doreen Vardy, 91, said: “The students sang just beautifully, especially the soloists.” Fellow resident, Gill Hunt, 79, added: “They all sang like angels, it was a joy to hear.”
Miss Thompson, Head of Music, said: “It was a privilege and a wonderful experience to visit and meet everyone – we loved every minute.”
Upcoming events include:
- Christmas Concert at Upton High on 6th December
- Christmas Carols at Eaton Lodge on 8th December
- Christmas Concert at Chester Lodge Nursing Home on 12th December
- Carol Singing at Morrrisons on 13th December
- Christmas Concert at Dorin Park on 15th December