Key Stage 3 - Year 7 & 8
In year 7, learners are introduced to the Design and Technology workshops through a range of activities and focused practical tasks. Importance is placed on building students' skills, confidence, and knowledge through engaging units of work. During Year 8 a greater importance is placed on developing learner’s problem-solving skills to build on their knowledge and understanding.
Learners develop knowledge and understanding of Design and Technology through a range of processes including -
- Develop practical skills through a range of focused practical tasks using: -
- Paper and board,
- CAD/ CAM processes
- Smart materials
- Drawing and rendering techniques
- Investigate new and emerging techniques
- Gain understanding of properties of materials used.
- Explore CAD/ CAM techniques gaining understanding of industrial processes.
- Evaluate past and present designers
- Follow an iterative design process to develop solutions