Here at Upton-by-Chester High School, the Supportive Education Department wants to ensure that all of our students have full access to a high quality education within a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. We believe that this will enable them to reach their full potential and enhance their self-esteem. We work hard to ensure that this happens alongside their peers, within the normal curriculum of mainstream school, and will involve the parents and students in meeting their needs.
"Care, guidance and support are outstanding, because students are known and treated as individuals."
Ofsted November, 2011
Staff in Supportive Education:
Supportive Education has a dedicated team, and consists of specialist Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Miss A. M. Farnin: SENDCO
- Miss J. McGowan: SEN English Teacher
- Mrs J. Jackson: HLTA
Email the department: email@example.com
- Expertise in Education of Students with Learning Difficulties
- Expertise in Education of Students with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties
- Expertise in Education of Students with Specific Learning Difficulties such as Dyspraxia and Dyslexia
- Care and Expertise for a Small Number of Students with Physical or Sensory Disabilities
"…Students with special educational needs and/or disabilities make outstanding progress."
Ofsted Report, November 2011
Our Department Offers support in a Variety of Ways:
- Small Group Tuition
- Mainstream/Classroom Support
- Sixth form students in-class Support
- English as an Additional Language
- Emotional/Behavioural Support
- Speech and Language
- Social Skills
- Information giving guidance, liaising and support across the school
- Mentoring Students
- Homework Club
- Break and Lunch Club