Connecting Classrooms Middle East - UK Partnership with Al Khansa, Sana'a, Yemen Connecting Classrooms, a programme administered by the British Council, builds lasting partnerships between groups of schools in the UK and around the world.
Through these partnerships, the programme develops trust and understanding between people in different societies, creating a safer and more connected world for the future. By bringing an international dimension to their learning, Connecting Classrooms enables young people to develop the skills and cultural awareness they need to become active global citizens, preparing them for life and work in a global society.
Upton-by-Chester High School has been working on the Connecting Classrooms Middle East-UK programme since March 2008 and has developed a very strong partnership with Al Khansa School in Sana'a, the capital of the Yemen.
- Find out where our partner school is
- BBC World Class: A tapestry of two towns
- Chester Chronicle Article on Textiles Project - Oct 2012
- Connecting Classrooms Conference
- Photostory Sana'a March 2008 (6 MB)
- One World Learning Together, Sec Ed Case Study (538.48 KB)
- BBC World Class School Pack - English
- BBC World Class Welcome School Pack - Arabic
- Our friends in the Yemen - 2009 (345.18 KB)
- Article published in Yemen Observer 20/06/09
- Yemeni visitors help school strengthen ME links